This is a temporary page during our period of suspended services where our members can view announcements concerning our congregation.
- Martha Smithson’s knee went out on her today. She was transported and admitted to the hospital in Manchester. She is waiting to see an orthopedic doctor to evaluate. Please keep her in your prayers (4/1/20)
- David W. had shoulder surgery today and we are thankful that it went well. They were able to do the repair with a plate. He did not stay overnight but has returned home. Let’s continue to pray for him as he recovers. (3/30/20)
- Update on David W. He went to the doctor and found that his shoulder is fractured. He is scheduled for surgery on his shoulder Monday morning in Franklin, TN. We pray for the surgery to go well and a quick recovery. (3/26/20)
- We are sad to announce that David W’s brother Junior passed away today. Let us be praying for the family. (3/26/20)
- Due to his back David W. took a bad fall today an may have injured his shoulder. (3/25/20)
Laying By In Store
During this time, possibly for a few weeks, we are complying with the Governor’s request not to gather together in groups of more than 10 people. The question has been asked “What do we do about our giving on the first day of the week?” To answer this question we should consider the command in I Corinthians 16:1-2 that says for us to “lay by in store”. We also read in II Corinthians 9:7 that each one should give “as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly, or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” So in the coming weeks, let each of us put something aside, as we purpose in our hearts. Then, when we are able to assemble together again after the ban is lifted, we will, at that time, give what we have put aside.
I hope everyone stays in and stays well. Remember, if you are in need of anything, please contact me or one of the other brethren. We will all be glad to help.